Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sunday Morning before the exams

this morning, my neighbour (a hong kong exchange student) walked up to me and said "when are you going to play music again? I miss being able to close my eyes in a room with a half-opened door, listening to the sound of the piano and your voice. Please play again?"

Except for the fact that the voice wasn't mine, (neigh, jet and i were preparing for our Sappore performance weeks ago) it was something great to hear. i've never ever thought of being good enough for others to appreciate whatever i play.

i flipped through instagram, looked at some a'level art prep work by others and thought of how sucky i was as an art student back then. i feel mediocre all the time, be it art or music. but i love music, and you strive not just to be good for yourself, but for the enjoyment of others as well.

school has been draining me of energy. yesterday we pretended to be salespeople to 'test our skills'. i want to explore and do something i can do, something not within the confines of school.

-

Fun fact: there's music playing in my head all the time and this happens to be the one in there right now. I haven't actually watched the drama Autumn in my Heart.


Reason (piano instrumental)

In secondary one, I happened to have the 'autumn in my heart ost' in my computer and got excited when my choir senior said he had the score. So he lent it to me, with labelled notes and all. i noticed a few wrongly labelled ones and before returning it him, stuck a post-it note saying "thanks for lending me the score! i found a few wrongly labelled notes and have corrected them for you!". maybe it was a bad decision, cause he stopped being friendly to me afterwards. i really wasn't trying to be smart or anything, but he might have saw it that way.

after that i tried not to correct others' mistakes, especially if the person is of higher authority (even though s/he might not know things better than i do in a particular field). feel like the better way would be to be able to properly phrase my sentences. /end random thought.

No comments: